August 22, 2008

Austin City Limits Music Festival


As I've mentioned on here several times before, Jonathan & I like to go to concerts together... it's our "thing".  Festivals are even better!  We went to the 2005 & 2006 Austin City Limits Festival (ACL) together.  Then last year, I had a work event in Chicago and I couldn't go.  It was torture for me to not be there.  I would talk to him every night and it would be hard to hear each other because some awesome band was about to start. And well, can he call me later?  It was not pleasant and I was determined that I was going to go to this year's event no matter what!

So, as soon as 3 day passes went on sale in early March, Jonathan and I scooped up a pair.  Not two days later and while talking to my boss about a possible tradeshow he tells me that not only will our company be exhibiting at this tradeshow but I HAVE to go... no ifs, ands, or buts.  And the tradeshow... it's the weekend of ACL.  ARG!  Devastation.


Jonathan tells one of his buddies, Scott, that he'll sell my ticket to him at face value.  Nice for our friend...bummer for me.

So...while at the grocery store on Tuesday, my day off, I got a text from one of my coworkers.  


"Dude! Buy your acl ticket...(insert tradeshow name) has been canceled!!!! Omg! Crazy!"


I was shocked...stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the H-E-B Bakery.  I quickly check my blackberry for any emails I may have missed from this particular tradeshow... I find nothing.

I text my coworker back to tell her that it's not nice to toy with my emotions like that and if she's lying to me I will beat her up when I get back to the office.  She confirms that it is in fact true.  The most poorly timed tradeshow EVER is canceled!!

Hells-to-the-yeah! 

I call Jonathan...still standing in the Bakery section of H-E-B & let him know that Scott is going to have to find his own damn ACL ticket because oh my goodness I get to go!!

I'm super pumped that I get to go! I've even made my schedule.  Check it: http://acl08.sched.org/zeldaray  Of course it's all subject to change depending on Jiggity's preferences, but should be some sweet shows.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!